One of my favorite things in the world is to watch human behavior. Since I was a small child, I’ve wanted to know what actually made people tick, why they would act a certain way. As clients sat in my office, they would tell me their life story. When it was my turn to speak, I’d start by asking them questions, trying to piece things together much like a jigsaw puzzle.
Occasionally, I get the really big 5,000 piece puzzles who are difficult to solve. These clients tend to stay longer and see me more frequently. On the other hand, many times I get the 50 piece puzzle, and things come together very easily. Nonetheless, in each case I have to start with the corners as I work to the inside.
What about the puzzle of your life? Are you struggling with pieces that just don’t want to fit? Maybe you have the wrong piece of the puzzle in your hand, but you don’t even know it. Are you aware of what is going on in your life?
When you become aware of who you are deep down, and you’re able to accept it, then you’re able to help others in becoming aware of themselves and figuring out their own “puzzle pieces”.
(1) BA ( Baccalaureus Artium) (UNISA) Criminology, Penology, Psychology.
(2) BA -Honors. (Baccalaureus Artium Honors) (UNISA ) Penology.
(3) BA- Honors. (Baccalaureus Artium) (University of Stellenbosch) Psychology.
(4) MA (Magister Artium) (Unisa) Penology.
(5) D.Litt et Phil (Doctor in Literature and Philosophy) (UNISA) Penology.